Ust-Kamenogorsk Capacitor Plant produces high-quality and reliable PFC capacitors, which can significantly increase the profitability of production by reducing the losses of electricity consumed. These devices are irreplaceable at any enterprises and productions which work is connected with consumption or generation of a large amount of electric power, that is at the majority of enterprises of a machine-building, power, oil and gas complexes.
Types and peculiarities of PFC capacitors
There are two main classes of these goods:
Both classes of capacitors are designed to compensate a generated reactive power; they effectively perform their main functions – act as an energy-saving source and improve the quality of generated electrical power. High-voltage capacitors are designed for operation in high-voltage capacitor banks, low-voltage capacitors – for low-voltage capacitor banks.
Modern types of capacitors are manufactured with built-in fuses inside the case and connected in series with each element. The devices withstand a long-term operation at 110% overvoltage and 130% overcurrent.
UKCP capacitors are widely used in many enterprises of the machine-building, metallurgical, energy, huge food industry. The work of these enterprises is inextricably linked with the use of a large amount of electrical power. A reactive energy consumed during the operation of asynchronous electric motors and different transformers creates an additional load on the power lines and significantly reduces the power of the network. Modern PFC capacitors help to increase the power of industrial plants installed in electrical installations. They can also be used as components for complex capacitor banks with high voltage values.
- Reactive energy is almost not generated during hours of low load on the network
- It is possible to connect additional powers without financial investments due to a significant increase of carrying capacity of power supply systems.
- Thermal current losses are reduced
- Operation life of distribution devices, transformers, supplying lines is maximum prolonged due to minimizing of their load.
- Total energy costs are reduced by 40%.